Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Non-Stop Fun at the Iowa State Fair

The Iowa State Fair Opening Ceremony was on Thursday and Hannah and I were very fortunate to carry the American and Iowa flags. The ceremony was held in the new Jacobson Exhibition Center. The ceremony was live on Skype and they interviewed Iowa Soldiers that were stationed thought the country. It was a wonderful ceremony and I am so thankful for the men and women who dedicate their lives to keep our country free.

Friday I headed back to the fair where I was able to carry the American Flag and run a queens run before the Cowgirl Queen Contest. Hannah competed in the senior section of the contest and was crowned an attendant. Congratulations to her, she did a wonderful job.
On Saturday Hannah and I showed in the Governors Steer Show. I was second in the ring behind Governor Culver. My steers name was Big Red. Boy was he big and didn’t like to stand still. I had a hard time slowing him down, but did manage with a smile on my face even though he stepped on my foot several times. I was so glad I had boots on and had the owner in the ring to help me. Otherwise the news headlines might have read “Rodeo Queen Plowed By Steer.” I had a wonderful time and Big Red sold for over two grand. All the money raised goes to the Iowa Ronald McDonald Houses. This is near and dear to my heart as my sister and her husband spent over three months at the house in Des Moines when my nephew was in the Children’s Hospital.
Big Red and I at the auction.

I have a week off and then I will head out to Prairie Meadows and sign autographs at the horse races on Friday, August 27.

Until next time, “Whatever you do works at it with all of your heart as working for the Lord and not for men.” Col. 3:23
Another quote that really makes one stop and think is, “You can only love God as much as you love your enemy.”

God Bless You,

Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment