Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rodeo Town USA

This past week was the 87th Annual Sidney Rodeo. I was asked to judge the Sidney Rodeo Queen Pageant which started early Tuesday morning. There were three wonderful contestants that competed throughout the day. Congratulations to Amanda McNees who won the title.
Hannah, Amanda and I before the rodeo performance. While in Sidney we visited local sponsors, stopped at nursing homes and had a several radio interviews. Iowa State University Queen, Alicia Davison, Amanda, the new Sidney Queen, rodeo bull fighters Cory Wall and Andy Burelle, along with Gizmo McCracken, the rodeo clown visiting the local nursing home.

Each night I participated in the grand entry, made a queen’s run, helped chase out cattle and was able to help with the mutton busting. After the rodeo Gizmo the clown, the bull fighters and all of the queens signed autographs.

Amanda and I signing autographs at the Dodge Booth.

Tie Down Roper, Bill Huber with Amanda and I after the rodeo.

I stayed with Kary Koso and her boys; Zack and Gage. They were so generous and let me make myself at home. I had so much fun playing with the boys and gave them a ride on my horse, Sammy.

Zack and Gage Koso.

The state fair starts this week and Hannah and I will be carrying flags for the opening on Thursday morning. On Saturday we will both be showing a steer in the governors steer show.
If you are in the area I sure hope to see you at the fair!

Until next time, “Every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything." Hebrews 3:4

God Bless
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment