Monday, August 2, 2010

Cheyenne Frontier Days

I had a wonderful time at my first Cheyenne Frontier Days, the “Daddy of ‘Em All.”
On Friday morning I was able to show off my pancake flipping skills in Cheyenne. The state queens were able to help cook and flip pancakes for their breakfast that fed over 8,000 people that morning. The volunteers have everything down to a science, the line went all the way around the block and the longest you had to wait was about 15 minutes. We visited local sponsors and signed autographs before heading out to the rodeo grounds. Harry Vold provided us with horses and these horses have been doing this for years. I’ve always heard about the “fly bys” at Frontier Days and you better be ready when you let your horse go because there is no stopping them until the other end of the track! It was a lot of fun.
Each night they have a concert and we were able to introduce ourselves before the show began. We got to see Sugarland, Josh Turner and Allan Jackson. Dan Post boots is a large sponsor for some state queens, here we are with Greg Hensley.

I would like to thank my host home, David and Patty Thompson. I can’t thank them enough for all of their hospitality. They were so generous and came and watched us at each event.
My trip to Cheyenne wouldn’t have been arranged without all of the hard work by Arlene Kensinger and Ester Moore. They dedicate a large amount of time to schedule the state queens and treat us like royalty while we are there. I would also like to thank my mom, Joanne for driving out with me; I needed to be home to head off to Sidney on Monday night so she has been my chauffeur. The drive is about 10 hours and I couldn’t have made it on my own. Thanks mom!
I will judge the Sidney Queen Pageant on Tuesday and spend the week at the rodeo. I have always enjoyed the Sidney rodeo and can't wait to go!

Until next time, “Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice for the Lord will do great things.” Joel 2:21


God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment