Thursday, July 29, 2010

Colorado

My recent trip to Colorado was very adventurous. While I was out there I attended the Rooftop Rodeo in Estes Park and the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo in Colorado Springs. I was also able to attend Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame Inductees as well as the Miss Rodeo America Seminar.


Estes Park was beautiful; the town is located in the Rockies right on the continental divide. The rodeo committee and volunteers were the most appreciative people I have ever met, I can see why they have won Rodeo Committee of the Year a number of times. While in Estes Park I stayed with Jessi Kokjohn, the Miss Rodeo Iowa Pageant Director. Jessi and her fiancé, Erik, manage a riding stable and give trail rides through the mountains. Miss Rodeo Florida, Heather Hall, and I were able to stay an extra day and go on a trail ride!
I was also able to go rock climbing and learn how to fly fish while in Estes Park. We were very fortunate to meet a committee member who owns a recreational store and arranged a couple of excursions! We had no luck fly-fishing, but it was a great learning experience and as far as rock climbing, I was very successful and it was lots easier than I thought! The Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo activities started the second week I was out there. We were able to assist committee members before the rodeo with a number of activities and help with the mutton busting each night during the performance. While in Colorado Springs we rode the train to the top of Pikes Peak, toured the Pro Rodeo Hall Fame and airforce base, helped with an Exceptional Rodeo and attended the Hall of Fame Inductees.

Cadet Jeff Sweet, he gave us our tour.


All the state queens at the Pikes Peak rodeo



Top of Pikes PeakMiss Rodeo Missouri, Erin Watts and I helping with the Mutton Busting

The inductions were held on Saturday morning. There were five inductees and listening to each of them talk about their lives and all of their hard work and dedication was really inspiring. They have all had such a positive impact on the sport of rodeo. I was eager to meet Paul Mayo, a Grinnell, Iowa native and two-time world champion bareback rider.

On Sunday the Miss Rodeo American Seminar started and ran through Wednesday afternoon.


On Wednesday I left and arrived in Lenox on Thursday for the rodeo. I was able to see the horsemanship competition for the Lenox Rodeo Queen title. I had a wonderful time in Lenox carrying flags and running out cattle.
Congratulations to Kayla Barber who was crowned Miss Rodeo Lenox 2010.
Hannah, Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa and Kayla rode a steer on Saturday night and it was a lot of fun to watch!
My traveling schedule hasn’t slowed down, although I did have a couple days at home where I met with clothes makers and worked.
My mom and I are off to the “Daddy of Them All” the Cheyenne Frontier Days. We will be out there until Sunday and will be driving through the night so I can head to Sidney Monday afternoon!

Until next time, “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with action and in truth.” John 1 3:18
God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment