Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What a Weekend!

The Edgewood Rodeo was another first time event for me. I arrived there last Thursday and met up with Hannah, Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa. We attended a children’s carnival that afternoon where we signed several autographs.
Hannah and I had a radio interview before the rodeo on Thursday and we carried sponsor flags and chased out cattle during the rodeo.
On Friday we had a wonderful tour of Edgewood, that little town has so much to offer! We were able to stop and visit a nursing home and a daycare. We toured the Edgewood locker and stop at the golf course where they held a charity golf tournament. Before the rodeo on Friday we had another radio interview and an interview with News Channel 9.
The rodeo started on Thursday night and ran through Saturday, but I was only able to stay for Thursday and part of Fridays rodeo because my home town rodeo was held last weekend too.
I had a great time in Edgewood. I would like to thank Jim and Kathy Funke who opened their home for Hannah and I to stay and thank you to John and Sue Romig who let us stall our horses at their home.

My weekend was rather busy in Lake City with the rodeo, a parade, my class reunion, Emily’s bridal shower and the Exceptional Rodeo! I was also selling raffle tickets throughout the weekend for a horse that was donated to me for a fundraiser.
The parade was Saturday afternoon and boy was it hot! With temperatures around 100 degrees, there was really nothing you could do to cool off.
Each night at the rodeo I led the grand entry and carried the American Flag. Throughout the rodeo I signed autographs and sold raffle tickets. On Sunday afternoon I held an Exceptional Rodeo. Contestants were able to rope, barrel race, saddle bronc ride and ride one of my horses. It was so much fun and it couldn’t have been done without all of the volunteers. A big thank you to everyone that helped. I had a wonderful weekend at my hometown rodeo and I am so thankful to represent such a wonderful community!

I will be heading to Leon on Friday to judge their queen pageant. I am really looking forward to it!

Until next time, “My future is brighter because of God's goodness and grace and I will choose to praise and worship Him today.” Proverbs 23:18

God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment