Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Miss Rodeo Iowa Travels

From Fort Madison to North Platte, Nebraska and back to Bellevue…the last couple of weeks have been crazy. After Cherokee I headed to Fort Madison to judge the Iowa High School Rodeo Queen Pageant. It was a tough competition and all the girls did a wonderful job. I had to leave for NebraskaLand Days before the coronation. Alex Soukup was crowned the IHSRA Queen for 2010-2011. I arrived in North Platte around noon on Sunday for the Miss Rodeo Nebraska pageant. There were 15 other state queens and Kelli Jackson, Miss Rodeo America was also there for the week. We had a very busy schedule throughout the week; it started Sunday night after the horsemanship competition. We had a BBQ with a live auction and then a “fun” rodeo. We made up teams of 5 and competed on stick horse’s doing multiple races. Due to the rain the floor was a little slick in the shelter house and a few of the queens had a crash! Hats and crowns flew everywhere, but thankfully all the girls were okay!
We kept very busy; we toured the Golden Spike and Buffalo Bills home and barn. We also stopped at sponsor businesses where we signed autographs. We were also able to help out with the Miss Rodeo Nebraska competition and model in the fashion show. On Wednesday night the rodeo started, Miss Rodeo Nebraska 2011 was crowned during the rodeo. Congratulations to Rebecca Grimm!
I was very blessed to stay with Bob and Lisa Kosmacek and their family. With our busy schedule I didn’t get to see them much, but they were so kind and caring and treated me like their own.
I left before the sun was up on Thursday to head to Bellevue. I arrived just in time for a radio interview and children’s activities.

Three Hills Rodeo let me ride one of their horses and the horse was over 17 hands tall, I almost needed a ladder, but a little jump and an extra grunt did the trick! Throughout the rodeo each night I carried Old Glory and the sponsor flags between events. I had a wonderful time and will have to admit I really didn’t mind the rain and mud on Friday night. The rodeo was postponed for 45 minutes due to the severe thunderstorms, but as soon as the rain slowed down we hit the ground running. I stayed at the Bellevue House Bed and Breakfast while I was there. The house was gorgeous! I got the suite on the third floor and was treated like royalty! I want to thank the owners of the bed and breakfast for their wonderful hospitality. We toured the town of Bellevue and drove to the top of the South Bluff and overlooked the town…it was beautiful! I was able to tour one of the first houses in Bellevue. I was able to see my first barge go through the locks on the Mississippi.
I had so much fun in Bellevue, I love traveling the state and seeing what our great state has to offer. Thank you so the Bellevue Rodeo Committee, Three Hills Rodeo Inc., The Bellevue Bed and Breakfast and Stacy Bevan!

I head off to Edgewood bright and early in the morning and then back to my hometown rodeo late Friday night.

Until next time, “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember this wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced.” Chronicles 1 16: 11-12

God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment