Monday, July 5, 2010

Leon Queen Pageant and Rodeo

On Friday morning I went to Leon to judge the Miss Leon Rodeo Queen and Miss Leon Rodeo Princess Pageant. There were eight girls in each and we started off the morning with horsemanship.
Following the horsemanship we headed to the Leon School to have personal interviews, listen to speeches, impromptu questions and judge the girls modeling.
Coronation was held before the rodeo performance that night. Congratulations to Jessica Lutz Miss Leon Rodeo and Shelby Keys Miss Leon Rodeo Princess.
All of the contestants did a wonderful job! I stayed for the rodeo Thursday night and Hannah and I were able to help with the Mutton Busting and carry a flag in the grand entry.
The Leon Chamber of Commerce puts on a wonderful show! I have heard over the years how great the rodeo is and now I know for myself.
Lee Polakoff, my Wrangler Rep. and me after the rodeo.

Ill be on the rodeo again Thursday; heading out to Colorado for two rodeos. One rodeo is in Estes Park and the second is in Colorado Springs. I’m so excited because while I’m there I get to attend the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame Induction as well as a queen seminar. On my way home I’ll be stopping in Lenox for their rodeo. It’s going to be a long trip, but I am really looking forward to it.

Until next time, “Therefore, when we turn to Him in prayer, He listens with love and understanding.” Hebrews 13:5

God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment