Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Texas Roadhouse Meet and Greet

This last weekend I was a little closer to home. The PBR was in Des Moines and the Texas Roadhouse had a meet and greet with Aaron Roy. I was able to make an appearance with him. We signed autographs and hand out prizes. It was a lot of fun!
My co-workers really enjoyed asking me questions about what I do, how I got into rodeo and being a queen and they really loved my autograph sheets! I think I signed as many for everyone who works at the Roadhouse as I did for the customers that came into eat!

Saturday night I volunteered to prepare the dinner at the Ronald McDonald House. Paula, Connie, Judy, my mom, Joanne and Hannah, Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa helped with prepare the food. The Ronald McDonald house provides housing for families whose children are receiving treatment at the area hospitals. My sister and her husband stayed at the house for three months when Nash was in the hospital. The house is a wonderful place, there is food available at all times for anyone who stays and a dinner is served every night by volunteers.
I would like to thank Connie, Paula, Judy, Hannah and my mom for helping with the dinner!

If you would like to volunteer or donate items please check out there website:
http://www.rmhdesmoines.org/home.html
This week Hannah and I head to Pella on Friday for the Tulip Festival. We will be in the afternoon and evening parade, riding on the Pella FFA float! My brother and sister both went to Central so I am really excited to head back and celebrate since it has been a few years!

Until next time, “Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment