Friday, May 21, 2010

Franklin, TN

My trip to Franklin, Tennessee was a lot of fun…it would be a great place to take a vacation! Franklin is about a half hour from downtown Nashville and there are a lot of historical sites to see. I was there for the clinic a couple months ago and I was very excited to head back for the rodeo. I flew into Nashville on Tuesday morning. The Miss Rodeo Tennessee Pageant started on Wednesday afternoon. Miss Rodeo Missouri, Miss Rodeo Florida and I helped out where we could throughout the week. We attended the Franklin Rotary Club meeting and visited The Carter House. It was very interesting hearing about the Battle at Franklin. Miss Rodeo Missouri, Erin Watts, Miss Rodeo Florida, Heather Hall and I at the Carter House.

The first rodeo performance was on Thursday; the visiting royalty helped carry flags in the grand entry. During the rodeo we helped out at the ice tea stand and signed autographs.
I had a wonderful host family, Miss Rodeo Florida and I stay with Bill and Eddy Rosen. They treated us like their own daughters. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to stay with them; they were so kind and caring…I hope to make it back sometime and visit.

Eddy Rosen, Heather Hall and I at the rodeo.

The Franklin Rotary Club puts on a wonderful rodeo, every member works so hard all year long to get the job done! I want to thank them for allowing visiting royalty to attend. I had a wonderful time in Franklin, but did have to leave early Saturday morning due to a family emergency.
My next trip is here in Iowa, I will be attending the Cherokee Rodeo the first weekend in June. I will also be judging the Cherokee Rodeo Queen contest, I am really excited!
Until next time, “I am the door, if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved and will go in and find pasture.” John 10:9
God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment