Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Team Kuehl

Last weekend my family and I headed to Cedar Rapids to walk for the March of Dimes. The March of Dimes is dedicated to improving the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature births and infant mortality. My sister, Jayme Kuehl has put together a team for the last couple of years. “Team Kuehl” had nineteen signed up to walk, but due to the weather there were only nine of us. Thankfully the rain stopped after the first mile of our seven mile walk. When we finished there were food stands and games for children to play. I was able to talk to the children and pass out candy. It was a lot of fun to help raise money for continued research for future babies!
“Team Kuehl” started a couple years ago after my sister had some complications with her pregnancy. We walk in memory of Faith, who passed away at birth. We also walk for Nash, who is now 3. Nash suffers from cerebral palsy, but has been a miracle and blessing to our family! Faith and Nash were both three months premature.
A large amount of money was raised for research and to continue to help premature births. I can’t thank everyone enough for your support! This weekend the PBR is in Des Moines and I will be signing autographs at the Texas Roadhouse Saturday from noon till 2…so stop by if you are close to Urbandale and say “Hi.” Also on Saturday, Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa, some of the Miss Rodeo Iowa board members and I will be preparing dinner for the families that are staying at the Ronald McDonald house in Des Monies. I am really looking forward to a busy, but fun weekend!

Until next time, “The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.” John 1 2:17

God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment