Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tulip Festival

On Friday, Hannah and I made an appearance at the Tulip Festival in Pella. We rode on the Pella FFA float for the afternoon parade and I rode on the float for evening parade. We were a little chilly, but thankfully it didn’t rain! I would like to thank Mr. Williams, the FFA Advisor and the members of the FFA Chapter for allowing us to ride on the float with them! The parade is made up of beautiful floats made with lots of tulips and other Dutch emblem’s. During the evening parades all the floats light up!

Hannah and I with some street sweepers before the parade.
We were able to walk around before the parade and visit with people dressed in Dutch clothing; we also signed some autographs. We really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful tulips and we even tried on some wooden shoes, but we decided we would stick with our boots! I really enjoyed the festival; I treated myself to some Dutch food and BOY was it wonderful! There are so many people who put in a lot of time and work to make the festival a success and we really enjoyed being apart of it!Doctor David Roe and his family. Dr. Roe is the President of Central College.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I read in you blog that you visited Dutch Dancing. I am from Holland Europe and I collect everything that has to do with our national symbol the Wooden Shoe, or as we say Klompen. I heard that some dancers break their shoes now and then. I am looking for photos of that. Do you have such photo(s)?
    You could send them maybe to my emailadress vanloenenannemarie@yahoo.com

    Thanks!

    Kind reghards

    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete