Friday, February 5, 2010

Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo

The week after my coronation I headed to the Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo. There were a couple other state queens there as well, McKenzie Haley, Miss Rodeo South Dakota and Erin Heffron, Miss Rodeo Wyoming. We had so much fun! We really enjoyed getting to know each other a little more.
On Thursday we signed autographs and attended a couple parties before the Seminole Hard Rock Xtreme Bulls. The Sutton Rodeo Company provided the stock and we were able to carry sponsor flags throughout the show. It was a fun and exciting night!




On Saturday morning we went to the Black Hills Stock Show and Rodeo Queen contest. McKenzie held the title last year so we joined her at the speech and modeling portion of the competition. There were three wonderful girls competing for the title; I thought the judges were really going to have a tough decision; all three girls did a fantastic job! Later that afternoon we went and watched their horsemanship at the fair grounds. Teri Joe Weidner from Wolsey, SD was crowned the 2010 queen. I wish her the best of luck throughout her year. I know she will be a great representative for the stock show.

I really enjoyed myself in Rapid City; the stock show was so much fun! I also have family that lives out there so I was able to see them a little bit during my trip.
My next trip is in a couple weeks and I will be heading to Kissimmee, Florida! You have know idea how excited I am!! Don’t worry; I will enjoy the warmer weather for all of you!

Until next time, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

God Bless,

Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment