Saturday, November 20, 2010

Great Lakes Circuit Finals

Last week I was in Louisville, Kentucky for the Great Lakes Circuit Finals. I flew down on Wednesday night and activities started on Thursday. Visiting queens helped with check-in and handed out jackets and vests. We were all very excited to get our own vest donated to us by our circuit committee and sponsors. Circuit queens, Erin Watts; Miss Rodeo Missouri, Katie Chaffin, Miss Rodeo Illinois, and Amanda Breitenfeldt, Miss Rodeo Wisconsin.
Thursday night was the first performance; we carried the opening flags, chanced out cattle and carried sponsor flags during the performance. We were also able to help with a pizza party for the contestants. On Friday we were able to visit Church Hill Downs; where we went on a tour and watched a few races. We signed autographs at the Friday night performance along with carrying flags. Saturday afternoon we visited a couple Dodge dealerships and handed out hats and bandannas to children at the Saturday nights rodeo.
I had a wonderful time in Louisville and arrived home late Sunday night.

Over the last few weeks I have had the opportunity to speak at a few events. I was the keynote speaker at the District FCCLA meeting, where I spoke about community service. Last week I was also able to speak at the National Honor Society tapping in my home town where I talked about service and random acts of kindness.
On Monday afternoon I was invited to speak at the Carroll Rotary and Kiwanis Club. I was able to answer a variety of questions and I also gave my speech that I will give at Miss Rodeo America.
Jim VanDyke and Dave Teske of the Carroll Rotary Club.
I really enjoy speaking at events and am so thankful for all of the support I have had this year! I have been truly blessed and can’t thank everyone enough for all of their generosity.

I will be leaving for Las Vegas the day after Thanksgiving. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I head out to compete for Miss Rodeo America. Coronation will be Saturday, December 4.

Until next time, “Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else." Thessalonians I 5:15

God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment