Sunday, September 19, 2010

National Cattle Congress Fair and Rodeo

The National Cattle Congress Rodeo was this weekend in Waterloo. Fall was in the air, it was a little chilly both nights I was there. On Friday I was able to carry the American Flag and chase out cattle. Then on Saturday Hannah was there to help me out. We had a lot of fun and I enjoyed signing a number of autographs.
Tally Roepke was very kind to make the trip to Waterloo to help with the Sunday afternoon performance since Hannah and I were not able to attend. Thank you Tally and Hannah for always helping out!

I headed back to my hometown to participate in my Uncle Dell’s Memorial Chili Cook-off. I will have to admit I like rodeos in the rain a lot better than cooking chili in the rain! My cousin, Nicole Blair and I teamed up and made “Tough Enough to Wear Pink Rodeo Chili.” We had a lot of fun despite the cold and rainy weather. Unfortunately we didn’t come out on top, but we had a lot of people vote for us for the “People’s Choice Award.”
I will have a couple days off before I head off to the Justin Boots Championship Rodeo in Omaha.
Until next time, “Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 5:2

God Bless,
Jordanne

No comments:

Post a Comment